Does cortisone cream cause facial swelling?
Famous for treatments Steroids It is an effective anti-inflammatory, which relieves congestion and swelling of tissues, in particular topical steroids, It is known for its ability to reduce swelling and inflammation of the skin.
But indeed Steroid benefits There are many topical medications, but there is no medication without some side effects that are often associated with abuse, but is it considered safe? Swelling in the face What are the side effects of steroids?
In this article, we answer the previous question and learn how to avoid it side effects of topical steroids, Is there Cortisone cream for the face?
The benefits of topical cortisone cream
benefit Topical corticosteroids In the treatment of many skin conditions, as it reduces symptoms such as itching, swelling, swelling and redness of the skin, including the following: (2) (4)
- Contact dermatitis that causes the skin to accumulate.
- psoriasis; for more: Drug treatment for psoriasis
- diaper rash for children.
- Allergic reactions to insect or snake bites, among others.
for more: The multiple uses and benefits of cortisone, get to know them
My problem is that the shoulder bones are wide and not excessively oily, I also have hereditary dysplasia. Is this normal or is there a problem with hormones and what is the treatment?
Disadvantages of topical steroids
The doctor recommends using Topical steroids for a certain number of days, and not to put large amounts of cream or paint on the affected areas, and it is recommended to leave the places uncovered without covering, and more advice to avoid Side effects of steroids.
Long-term abuse or overuse of topical steroids can lead to their side effects, including the following: (3)(4)
- thinning of the skin;
- Pigmentation of the skin or a change in its color to a lighter one.
- Dilation of capillaries.
- Appearance of Stretch marks.
- Rosacea and priorial dermatitis.
- Young love.
- poor wound healing;
- irritation and redness of the skin.
- Peeling sensation and tingling of the skin.
- Contact dermatitis than the cortisone cream itself.
- Swelling in the face.
Is this a sale? Cortisone cream for the face? The face is the most damaged part of the body Topical corticosteroidswhere the face may be injured swollen result of use Cortisone cream Topical for long periods and in the wrong way.
Cortisone cream for the face
There is a disease called moon faceIn which the face swells and swells and becomes round like the moon, the condition of the moon’s face occurs as a result of several factors and reasons, including the misuse of Cortisone cream such as prednisone, dexamethasone and betamethasone.
described Cortisone cream Topical to reduce swelling and inflammation in many pathological conditions, and in most patients it does not cause Cortisone cream for the faceHowever, this may happen with long-term use, not according to the doctor’s advice, and make the following mistakes:
- Overuse Cortisone cream In large quantities, a very small amount should be used according to the inflamed area.
- Repetition of cortisone cream without the need for long periods.
- Cover the affected area after applying the paint Cortisone.
- Situation Cortisone cream on large areas of the skin.
Previous mistakes lead to the absorption of large amounts of cortisone cream, Which affects the adrenal gland, and as a result Swelling in the faceIn a similar but weaker effect to the effect Cortisone tablets oral
should not be used Cortisone cream for the face, This swelling is not a sign of beauty, but a sign of beauty side effects of topical corticosteroids, As topical steroids are not intended for this use, but to reduce inflammation and swelling of cells in pathological conditions only. (1)
for more: The dangers and harms of cortisone
Tips for using cortisone cream for the face
We mentioned that it should not be used Cortisone cream for the face, But for the treatment of specific health conditions, we detail the method of application below Cortisone cream on the face, Where side effects can be avoided:
- Put an appropriate amount of the affected area, a lot Cortisone cream swells the face.
- Keep the cream away from the eye area, as it may cause glaucoma or cataracts.
- Assessing the correct amount of Cortisone cream As it is placed on the tip of the finger, two and a half amounts are enough to paint the face once.
Recommended in chronic cases that require prolonged use for cortisone creamTalk to your doctor to arrange a schedule that precisely defines on and off days. (3) (2)
Also read: Nutritional counseling during cortisone treatment
Hormones responsible for burning fat and ways to increase its secretion
Each hormone has functions that it performs, therefore any imbalance that affects the hormones leads to a health problem that affects the body and there are many … read more