Does water make you gain weight? – Internet medicine
Is there a lot of talk and gossip about the role of water in the weight loss process? Does it really contribute to weight loss? Or does the water make you gain weight? You can find the answers and more details in the following article:
Does water make you gain weight?
The direct answer to the question “Does water make you gain weight?” No, water is not one of the reasons for weight gain, but drinking more water may help lose or maintain weight, and it is worth noting that about 30% – 59% of adults trying to lose weight drink a lot of water.
The answer to the question “Does water increase weight?” can be supported. By showing the ways in which water contributes to weight loss:
1. Water helps burn calories
Many studies have shown the role of drinking water in increasing the amount of calories burned, especially during periods of rest, below are several studies that examined the effect of drinking half a liter of water on weight:
- I showed learning Drinking water increases the burning of calories during rest periods by 24% – 30%, and it is worth noting that this effect was observed 10 minutes after drinking the water and lasted until the 60th minute.
- prepared learning Another study on obese children showed an increase in the rate of energy burned during periods of rest after drinking cold water.
- prepared learning Another study on women who are overweight, and did not make any changes to their diet except drinking more water, and the results were a 2 kg weight loss after 12 months.
2. Reduce appetite by drinking water to eat before meals
Some claim that drinking water before eating a meal reduced their appetite, and studies have shown this effect in middle-aged and elderly adults, while the same effect did not appear in younger people, we will explain some Hungarian studies to study this effect below. :
- I showed learning Drinking water before a meal in the elderly helped to lose weight by 2 kg after 12 weeks.
- I showed learning In middle-aged adults, drinking water before a meal helped lose 44% more weight than people who did not drink water before a meal.
3. Reducing the calories consumed
Since water is a natural calorie-free drink, drinking it reduces calorie consumption, and can be adopted as an alternative to other drinks that are rich in calories and sugar.
The amount of water to drink
After stating the answer to the question “Does water increase weight?” You are probably wondering how much to drink to achieve these benefits and how to increase the amount of water consumed.
It is recommended that the daily consumption is not less than 2 liters, but if you are one of those people who sweat excessively or do intense physical activity, you should drink more water.
Regarding how to drink a lot of water, you can flavor the water by adding slices of pineapple, cucumber, watermelon or mint to give a delicious taste to the water, and you can focus on juices and fruits rich in water.