How do you choose healthy peanut butter for your family?
considered as Peanut Butter This is one of the healthy foods loved by children and adults, because it is rich in many nutrients that are important for the child’s development, and is characterized by its delicious taste and love for all, and given the many options available, we will show you how to choose Healthy peanut butter You and your children.
Healthy peanut butter ingredients
Many are available Healthy types of peanut butter And it’s not healthy, which makes it difficult to determine the right option for you and your family.
Some Types of peanut butter Rich in unsaturated fats, protein and fiber with minimal other additives, others are rich in added sugar and ingredients that make them less healthy.
One of the basic things that help in the choice Healthy peanut butter This is the search for the types that contain the least number of ingredients, as more ingredients means less healthy additions, such as:
- Sugars: Although sugars add a delicious and special flavor to peanut butter, they are harmful to health and cause weight gain.
- Salts: Peanut butter can contain a small amount of salt, but if you add a large portion of it it will cause a lot of damage, so choose low-sodium or sodium-free types.
- Protected fats: Protected oils are used to improve texture, but they add unhealthy trans fats, even if in small amounts.
- Palm oil: One of the common oils in peanut butter, palm oil helps improve the texture, but is high in saturated fat.
So contains Peanut Butter These additives make it unhealthy because it increases its calories, and increases the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease.
In general, you should prepare Healthy peanut butter At least 90% of the peanuts are free of artificial sweeteners, flavors or preservatives, with no more than 10% additives. (1) (2) (3) (4)
MORE: Peanut Butter Benefits
Things to watch out for
to make sure to buy Healthy peanut butterYou should pay attention to the following things:
- Read the label on the package: and don’t be satisfied with the sentence written on it that it’s natural, like marble Natural peanut butter And organic contains these unhealthy ingredients, so read the label on the package to find out Peanut butter ingredients before buying.
- Low-fat types: Yes Low fat peanut butterThis means removing a large amount of fat, but in return it contains sugar and some other unhealthy additives to compensate for the taste, so it may have less fat, but with higher sugar levels.
- Species that mix two or more species: you can find several Types of peanut butter Mixed with other varieties, such as peanut butter and jam, this means more sugars and harmful industrial substances, so it is better to choose Healthy peanut butter without any additions. (1) (2) (3) (4)
Also read: The benefits of peanut butter for babies
What causes the feeling of relief when you wash the sensitive area with hot or warm water, as opposed to cold water, as it gives me an annoying feeling..
Although many Health benefits of peanut butterHowever, there are other types of nuts that are rich in many nutrients and important for the body, and are healthy alternatives to them, and are suitable for people with Allergy to peanutsincluding:
- Almond butter: Almonds contain high levels of vitamins and minerals, in addition to omega-3 that is not found in peanut butter.
- Macadamia Nut Butter: Although it contains more calories than peanuts, macadamia nuts are rich in healthy fats that are important for heart health.
- Nut Butter: Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, and in turn, have lower levels of fat and calories than peanuts. (5)
Read more: The benefits of peanut butter
Are there any benefits to the harsh winter cold?
Many people wonder if there are benefits to the bitter cold of winter, and the answer is yes, although the cold weather has… Read more