What are the benefits of vitamin B12 injections and precautions for their use?
Many people need to take nutritional supplements that help increase the levels of important elements in the body in case they are low, and in this article we will present to you all the details about Vitamin B12 injectionIts benefits and precautions.
What is vitamin B12 and its benefits?
ready Vitamin B12 It is a water-soluble vitamin, also known as cobalamin, and this vitamin plays an important role in promoting brain health, DNA production, and red blood cells.
Vitamin B12 can be obtained from several food sources such as:
- Dairy products.
The body needs 6 micrograms per day of this vitamin, but some may suffer from it Vitamin B12 deficiency in the body, which requires taking nutritional supplements in the form of oral tablets or injecting vitamin B12 after the doctor has prescribed these supplements, to avoid complications of its deficiency in the body, as it can cause neurological problems or pernicious anemia. (1) (2)
What are vitamin B12 injections?
Vitamin B12 injection This is a type of supplement that contains a synthetic version of vitamin B12 or cyanocobalamin.
. Catch Vitamin B12 injection Intramuscularly, since an intravenous injection can cause a high percentage of the vitamin to be lost during urination. (2)
For more information: benefits and sources of vitamin B12
The benefits of vitamin B12 injections
The doctor can prescribe Vitamin B12 injection To treat the deficiency of this vitamin in the body, and to prevent the following health problems:
- Brain function problems: may lead to Vitamin B12 deficiency In the body, brain function deteriorates over time, which increases the chance of developing dementia.
- Depression: There is a link between vitamin B12 deficiency and depression, but more research is needed on this matter, however vitamin B12 injections do not help reduce the symptoms of depression.
- Osteoporosis: Low levels of vitamin B12 in the blood can cause loss of bone mass in the body, leading to weak bones and an increased risk of fractures.
- Age-related macular degeneration: helpful Vitamin B12 In promoting eye health and preventing macular degeneration, a condition that leads to gradual vision loss.
This may also help Vitamin B12 injection In reducing the risk of the following situations:
- heart disease;
- brain attack
- Neural tube defects in children, so the doctor may prescribe Vitamin B12 injection for pregnant women.
I bought this medicine because I am an undergraduate student and I stay awake a lot, and they recommended that I take it for vitamins
Side effects of vitamin B12 injection
considered as Vitamin B12 injection It is generally safe, and does not cause serious side effects, but in rare cases, some people may suffer from allergic side effects, so consult a doctor if unusual symptoms appear after Vitamin B12 injections At the indicated doses, these symptoms include:
- Pain, redness or itching at the injection site.
- mild diarrhea;
- A feeling of swelling in the body.
- Temporary itching of the skin.
- Breathing problems. (One. Two. Three)
Read also: Which fruits contain vitamin B12?
Cases in which vitamin B12 injections are not suitable
Do not need Vitamin B12 injections If you have a history of the following health problems:
- Allergy to vitamin B12.
- Leber’s disease, which affects the optic nerve
- kidney problems;
- Low levels of potassium in the blood.
- Deficiency of other nutrients, especially folic acid and iron.
In case the doctor prescribed Vitamin B12 injectionYou should tell your doctor about the medicines you are taking, as vitamin B12 can interact with certain medicines, including:
- H2 receptor antagonists.
- Proton pump inhibitors (2) (3)
5 health benefits of vitamin A
The benefits of vitamin A Health Vitamin and eyes Vitamin A and strengthening immunity Vitamin A and inflammation Vitamin A for the skin Vitamin A and cancer Vitamin A is … Read more