What are the causes of throat and ear pain?
Sore throat and ear are common symptoms that can appear together, as a result of connecting these parts together by the Eustachian tube, and in this article we will learn about Causes and treatment of throat and ear pain.
The content of the article
Symptoms of sore throat and ear
before we meet Causes throat and ear pain, we can refer to the symptoms. include Symptoms of a sore throat the following:
- Mild to severe pain in the back of the throat.
- dry throat;
- Pain when swallowing or talking.
- Redness in the back of the throat.
- Swollen tonsils.
- Swollen glands in the neck or jaw.
- The presence of white spots on the tonsils.
and represent Ear infection symptoms B:
- Dull or sharp pain in the ear.
- hard of hearing
- A feeling of fullness in the ear.
- Fluid drains from the ear.
- Unclear sound in the ear.
It can appear Symptoms of sore throat and ear Together, they may be accompanied by headache, fever and feeling tired. (2)
More: What are the causes of viral sore throat?
Causes throat and ear pain
Below are highlights Causes throat and ear pain At the same time:
Allergens, such as pollen and dust, may trigger an allergic reaction that causes inflammation of the mucous membranes that line the nasal and ear cavities, and cause postnasal drip, which is excess mucus that drains into the throat. Causes sore throat in children.
Inflammation can also cause a blockage in the ears to prevent proper drainage of mucus, leading to earaches. Other allergy symptoms may appear, such as:
- Runny nose.
- Teary eyes or itchy eyes.
- Stuffed Up Nose. (1) (2)
Also read: What are the symptoms and treatment of strep throat?
Another reason of Causes sore throat in childrenIn addition to an ear infection, that is TonsillitisThe two glands are located on both sides of the throat, and the infection may be bacterial or viral, and the prominent symptoms of tonsillitis are:
- Sore throat when swallowing.
- Ear pain when swallowing.
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck.
- The appearance of white or yellow spots on the tonsils.
- Heat. (1) (2)
My father had fluid removed from his lung a week ago and he is still having difficulty breathing, tiredness and fatigue, knowing that he has cancer in his adrenal gland, how long can these symptoms last??
Mononucleosis is an infectious disease usually caused by a virus. Causes throat and ear painThis leads to the following symptoms:
- sore throat.
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck and armpits.
- muscle weakness and pain.
- ears full (1) (2)
When strep throat appears, it can be accompanied by inflammation and pain in the ear, as a result of transferring bacteria to the ear, which is an infectious infection caused by bacteria, and causes a sore throat, in addition to the following symptoms. :
- White spots or pus on the tonsils.
- Small red spots on the roof of the mouth.
- high body temperature;
- Swollen lymph nodes in the front of the neck. (1) (2)
Read more: The difference between a viral and bacterial sore throat
Acid reflux may be from cause a severe sore throatThis is a common condition that occurs when stomach acid backs up into the esophagus. If you suffer from frequent acid reflux, this may indicate gastroesophageal reflux disease, a more severe form of acid reflux.
The symptoms worsen when lying down or bending over, or after eating a heavy meal, and are as follows:
- Sour taste in the mouth.
- Sore throat and hoarseness.
- A feeling of a lump in the throat. (1) (2)
This is a condition in which the sinus cavities become inflamed, and the inflammation may interfere with mucus drainage and cause accumulation that leads to pain and swelling in the face. cause a persistent sore throatIn addition to ear infection, other symptoms may appear, mainly:
- thick mucus;
- Stuffed Up Nose.
- Pain in the upper teeth and jaw.
- Bad smell from here. (1) (2)
Also read: Symptoms of ear infection and the most important causes
Exposure to irritants
Inhaling smoke, chemicals and other substances can irritate the eyes, nose and throat and cause inflammation of the mucous membranes, which can affect the ears, and can irritate the lungs. Common irritants include:
- Industrial cleaning products.
- construction products. (1) (2)
Temporomandibular joint disorders
Temporomandibular joint disorders are a group of conditions that affect the temporomandibular joints located on both sides of the jaw. TMJ disorder causes pain and dysfunction in these joints that control jaw movement, and the condition is more common when you are used to teeth grinding, this case may be from causes ear and throat infectionThis leads to other symptoms, including:
- Pain that may reach the neck.
- Pain in one or both joints.
- Chronic headache.
- facial pain
- Cracking sounds from the jaw.
- A feeling of blockage and ringing in the ear. (1)
For more information: the 8 most important symptoms of otitis media in children
Infection or abscess in the teeth
A tooth abscess is a pocket of pus at the root end of a tooth caused by a bacterial infection. An abscessed tooth can cause severe pain that extends to the ear and jaw. The lymph nodes in the neck and ring may be swollen and painful. Additional symptoms such as:
- Sensitivity to heat and cold.
- Pain when chewing and swallowing.
- Swelling of the cheek or face.
- earache The throat is unilateral. (2) (3)
Treatment of throat and ear pain
Treatment depends on Causes throat and ear painand may include the following:
- Antibiotics for bacterial infection.
- Acid reflux medications for acid reflux problem.
- Allergy medications.
- Medicines to relieve symptoms such as fever, nasal congestion and sore throat.
The condition may require surgery to remove the tonsils or adenoids. (1) (2)
Respiratory diseases and ways to prevent and treat them
There are many respiratory diseases, between simple infections that the immune system can withstand without interfering with drugs, and some are serious and require … Read more