What are the symptoms of low sugar in children?
Some people assume that low sugar is better than high, which is true, but there is something to pay attention to, since low sugar means that the body does not receive enough energy, which can cause serious complications, and this applies to children as well, so it is necessary to know Symptoms of low blood sugar in children to properly address the problem.
The content of the article
When does hypoglycemia occur in children?
A child without diabetes can be Hypoglycemia For the following reasons:
- Not eating a basic meal before exercise or physical activity.
- Taking certain medications that cause low blood pressure.
- Have a condition that affects your metabolism.
If the cause is not clear, consult a doctor if you notice Symptoms of low blood sugar in children. (1)
Symptoms of low blood sugar in children
include Symptoms of low blood sugar in children the following:
- pallor of the skin;
- Lack of focus
- A shaking baby.
- Vertigo and dizziness.
- blurred vision
- body sweating;
- feeling hungry
- severe drowsiness;
- Tingling of the skin around the mouth.
- fast heart rate;
- Sudden mood or behavioral changes, such as crying for no reason or having a tantrum.
It can lead severe hypoglycemia to make the child faint, and this case needs emergency treatment.
In most cases, it is difficult to detect Symptoms of low blood sugar in children If the child does not complain about the symptoms he suffers from, especially most of the Symptoms of low blood sugar This is similar to the symptoms of other health conditions, so the child should be warned of the need to inform the parents of any symptoms he suffers from, even if they are mild, as he discovered Symptoms of low blood sugar in children better address the problem. (One. Two. Three)
Read more: Causes of low blood sugar
My daughter can’t focus
Treatment of hypoglycemia in children
The immediate treatment for hypoglycemia is to get the child to eat foods or liquids containing sugar, and in return, it is recommended to avoid protein-rich carbohydrate foods such as milk or nuts, as they may increase the insulin response to dietary carbohydrates.
The specific treatment for hypoglycemia depends on the factor that led to the drop in sugar levels after the child’s diagnosis, and is determined according to the following factors:
- the child’s age
- the general health of the child.
- medical history.
- How low is a child’s blood sugar.
- Medicines the child is taking.
for children with low blood sugarThe goal of treatment is to maintain a safe level of glucose in the blood, and this requires:
- Constantly monitor blood sugar levels by taking a test.
- Know the symptoms of low blood sugar in a child.
- Learn how to quickly treat low blood sugar in a child as directed by the doctor. (One. Two. Three)
Also read: Ways to treat and deal with low blood sugar
Prevention of hypoglycemia in children
Some methods help Prevention of hypoglycemia in childrenincluding:
- Watch for symptoms of low blood sugar: Parents should watch Symptoms of low blood sugar common, which can appear on the child, in order to identify the problem early and treat it before it gets worse.
- Check your child’s blood sugar often, including at night, and make sure that the glucose test strips are not outdated and fit the glucose meter.
- Maintain a healthy balanced diet, eat the three main meals, and do not skip any of them, in addition to promoting the health of the body with healthy snacks, which include vegetables and fruits.
- Failure of the child to make a great effort without first receiving the appropriate nutrition, which provides the body with energy, this can be one of the most prominent Causes of low blood sugar in children. (2)
For more: reasons for high and low sugar levels
Living with low sugar in children
Children with type 1 diabetes, or other conditions that can cause hypoglycemia, should follow their treatment plan, which includes:
- Check your blood glucose frequently.
- recognition Symptoms of hypoglycemia in children.
- know how Treat hypoglycemia quickly.
- Eat meals at the right times.
- Stick to the medications prescribed by the doctor on the dates and dosages specified. (3)
Also read: Causes of low blood sugar without diabetes
Children and summer germs in the public
By summer, many diseases appear in children, mainly diarrhea and stomach inflammations caused by contaminated food. Doctors estimate that her … read more