What is the cause of bitterness in the pregnant woman’s mouth and its treatment?
During pregnancy, many changes occur in the woman’s body, and you can feel some disturbing symptoms, including a change in the taste in the mouth, and in this article we will learn about The reason for the bitterness in the pregnant woman’s mouthor metallic taste.
The content of the article
Pregnancy causes a woman to increase estrogen and progesterone levels to help the body maintain the baby’s pattern.
It can adversely affect certain parts of the body, including changes in the taste of the mouth, as a woman can feel that the taste of food is bitter or metallic, and this is one of the temporary symptoms of pregnancy that a woman can suffer during. The first three months.
The effects of hormones are not limited to taste alone, but also affect appetite and food preferences, and they differ from one woman to another as follows:
- Increased desire to eat: some women feel a strong desire to eat certain foods such as chocolate, pickles or chips.
- Not wanting to eat: Some women may feel unwilling to eat most foods, as they increase nausea, and this can happen just by inhaling the smell of these foods and not tasting them. (One. Two. Three)
For more: pregnancy symptoms according to the months of pregnancy
Common morning sickness in pregnancy can be The reason for the bitterness in the pregnant woman’s mouthEspecially when a woman vomits, which is common in the first trimester of pregnancy, which includes the first trimester.
in case of relapse Vomiting during pregnancyThe taste in her mouth may change and lead to a feeling of the following:
- Metallic taste
- salty aftertaste.
- heartburn; (1)
Additional causes of bitterness in the mouth for pregnant women
unlimited The reason for the bitterness in the pregnant woman’s mouth Not only hormonal changes and nausea, but there are several other reasons that lead to this bitter taste, mainly:
- Take vitamins or supplements: Certain types of vitamins and supplements you take during pregnancy can increase the feeling of bitterness in your mouth.
- Taking certain medications: There may also be certain medications that the doctor prescribes for women during pregnancy The cause of bitterness in the mouth in pregnant womenWhich helps in treating some of the health problems that women suffer from.
- Infection with a cold or oral infections: Another reason for the bitter mouth of a pregnant woman is an infection with a cold or the presence of infections in the mouth, such as gingivitis, and may also lead to Dry mouth to a feeling of bitterness.
- Acid reflux: Acid reflux can lead to a bad taste in the mouth, and is one of the symptoms of pregnancy that increases in severity in the last stage of pregnancy.
- There are some health problems: such as diabetes, liver and kidney diseases, cancer and cancer treatments can be The cause of bitterness in the mouth during pregnancy.(One. Two. Three)
Treatment of the cause of bitterness in the mouth for pregnant women
In case the bitterness of the mouth is temporary as a result of natural changes in the woman’s body, then there is no cause for concern, but if The cause of bitterness in the mouth Persistent, you should consult a doctor to determine the cause and treatment.
Some home remedies can help get rid Oral bitterness during pregnancyWhich:
- Eat some foods and drinks like:
- Sugar-free peppermint or sugar-free gum.
- Cold foods and ice cream, but a doctor should be consulted before eating them so as not to cause a sore throat and harm the pregnant woman.
- Snacks such as pretzels.
- green apple.
- Citrus juices.
- Food soaked in vinegar.
- Choose plastic cutlery instead of metal cutlery, to reduce the metallic taste as much as possible.
- Keep your body hydrated by drinking water and fluids constantly, in order to prevent dry mouth, which can cause bitterness in the mouth for pregnant women.
- Maintaining oral hygiene that reduces the bitter taste, and oral hygiene protects against infections of the mouth and gums that can be the cause of oral bitterness in pregnant women by brushing teeth well every day.
- Use mouthwash or rinse with salt water.
- Avoid eating foods that cause acidity, such as fats and sugars, especially at night. (One. Two. Three)
Also read: Causes of bitter mouth and home remedies for it
Pregnant and breastfeeding together
It is a common belief that a woman cannot get pregnant while breastfeeding and this is a misconception even though breastfeeding is … read more